Wednesday, September 1, 2021

The State Of My Podcast

Have you ever had to step away from something you enjoy simply because your plate is so full?

Creating using Quozio

Last November, after just 10 episodes, I abruptly stopped recording podcast episodes. Not only was my plate full, I frankly needed more human connection. Like everyone else, I was spending too much time on my laptop and phone and needed to disconnect. But I also needed to disconnect from education. Not leave the profession, but rather create a boundary that I have never felt the need to put up. I'm an education nerd and could read or talk about education all day long. Almost every single podcast I subscribe to is related to education. I may leave the school building, but the school never leaves me. That was until last fall.  The Covid-19 pandemic has taken a social and emotional toll on everyone, but most especially educators. 

So I was settling into a new normal that included being more disconnected from technology and education, spending more time with my family, and getting rid of anything that's not essential to my health and well-being. And that included podcasting and blogging. I put both on pause. For the first time in many years, I was done with school when I left campus every day. And I have to admit it felt pretty good.

Created using Quozio

However, I missed podcasting and I'm ready to give the Teaching Tidbits podcast another try. In my latest episode, "The State of My Podcast," I reflect on my podcasting experience thus far. What I learned about podcasting, what I learned about myself and where the podcast is headed. I invite you to take a listen and share your thoughts. 


If you would like to share any podcasting ideas or would like to be a guest, please reach out on Twitter @amgonza or leave a comment below. 

Until next time, take care and remember, it's the tidbits that make it all grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment