Wednesday, December 19, 2018

The Rest of My Blog

Created with Canva
As 2018 draws to a close and I move forward to 2019, one of my goals for the coming year is to restart my blogging practice. This is something I enjoyed and greatly benefited from for a few years, but had recently walked away from. It wasn't intentional, but as I moved into a new role and was no longer in the classroom, I didn't feel compelled to write.

I recently completed a digital learning course in "Leadership in Digital Learning" as I work to renew my teaching license this year and digital learning credits are now required in North Carolina. I've learned some new things during the course, not only about digital learning tools but also about myself and my professional practice. And it was the reflection component that reignited my interest in blogging. 

While I'm naturally very reflective, I learned in this course that reflection is not limited to my own perceptions, but must involve feedback from students and/or colleagues. Even though I'm no longer a classroom teacher, I'm still impacting students as everything that happens at school is about them. And although gathering feedback is scary, it's a risk worth taking so we can get a more complete picture of what went well and what needs to be done differently.

I also realized was how much I miss blogging.  So, I'm rebooting my blogging practice and launching my new blog. My original blog, ESL Musings is still up and linked to this blog, but I'm starting anew. As always, blogging is first and foremost for me. It's part therapy, part hobby, but 100% beneficial (and almost as enjoyable as a manicure).   

Blogging helps me to reflect, celebrate and curate. I will tweet and share my posts in the hopes that it will be a resource for my colleagues and all the educators I connect with.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life...and it is the first post of the rest of my blog!

May 2019 be our #BestYearEver! 

No comments:

Post a Comment