Friday, December 31, 2021

What Is Success?

Source: FBLA-PBL

I was recently honored to be the guest speaker at the FBLA Induction Ceremony at my school.  In case you're not familiar with Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), it is the largest Career and Technical student organization in the world. At its core, its mission is to prepare students for a career in business, but regardless of where students' paths lead, FBLA is a great launching point for leadership and success in any endeavor.  


Image source: Life Hack
It was the first time I was asked to be a keynote speaker and while I didn't hesitate to say yes, once I did,  I was quite nervous about it. However, once I started planning my speech, my nerves turned to excitement. Inspired by this year's theme, "Success Starts Here," I unpacked the definition of success and spoke about four individuals who have greatly inspired me on my success journey.  

Success is not the same for everyone. We all have an idea of what it means to be successful - fame, fortune, accomplishment, higher education - but not all successful individuals achieve wealth, fame, or high academic achievement.  And it's not always a straight path. I shared the speech in a bonus episode of the Teaching Tidbits Podcast and the recording is embedded below. I encourage you to listen and let me know who has inspired you in your success journey. 



While I didn't share Michelle Obama's quote in my speech, I do think it sums up my message perfectly. 


As 2021 comes to a close and you embark on a new year, I wish you and yours much success. And remember, it's the tidbits that make it all grand! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment